BODY RECALL SPECIAL POPULATIONS
Since 1989 BODY RECALL for SPECIAL> POPULATIONS training has been and is, available to prepare teachers for effective leadership of exercise for persons who cannot participate in traditional exercise experiences. SPECIAL POULATIONS training has taken place in nursing homes, hospitals, day care centers, mental health facilities and nutrition sites, and has been a remarkable answer for breathing problems and arthritis. It is also highly beneficial for Alzheimer’s patients, heart patients and for those recovering from illness or operations and other forms of immobility. Administrators, doctors and care givers are as enthusiastic about the program as the patients themselves.
Evidence that exercise improves the quality of life for those who participate regularly, is a well known fact and is being recommended more and more widely by physicians and medical personnel as a mainstay of treatment for all people. This program is based on slow, deliberate, risk-free, natural movement that increases range of motion in all possible joints, bringing strength and pliability back to functioning muscles and joints.
The BODY RECALL program was developed by Dorothy Chrisman through the Berea College (Berea, Kentucky) Continuing Education Department in 1978 for the living-longer population. Since then the training programs have helped teachers establish BODY RECALL in 46 states and several provinces of Canada.
SPECIAL POPULATIONS Training includes:
- Familiarity with BODY RECALL techniques and incentives
- Modification procedures for atypical situations
- Social and psychological adaptation of uninitiated persons to exercise
- Program planning and implementation
- Study guides and supplemental materials for effective and continuing leadership
- Laboratory experience with a SPECIAL POPULATIONS group
- Certification for SPECIAL POPULATIONS if all conditions of training are met
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Body Recall, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Organization. Donations are deductable for U.S. federal income tax purposes.